When we’re cleaning our kitchen, sometimes we’re trying to do 6 tasks at once. Follow this step-by-step route in order to get a cleaner kitchen way faster.
1. Start with clearing the counters. Get rid of anything that doesn’t belong (i.e. mail, magazines, keys, etc.)
2. Fill the sink with hot water and a few squirts of dish soap. Drop in items that need soaking.
3. Empty the refrigerator, tossing anything that has expired.
4. Dust the high zones, knocking dirt and debris to the floor, where they will be swept up later.
5. Clean the upper cabinets and anything else on the walls, including a mounted microwave.
6. Head to the microwave. Wipe the inside area using a dry cloth.
7. Spray the stovetop with all-purpose cleaner and let sit for a few minutes.
8. Load the dishwasher with the items soaking in the sink.
9. Wipe the stovetop with a clean, dry cloth and, again, just let crumbs fall to the floor.
10. Clean the coffeemaker, toaster, stand mixer, and other small appliances from top to bottom, using glass cleaner or a multisurface formula.
11. Scrub the countertops with small, circular motions, using a cleaner formulated for your surface.
12. Get the fridge doors, the front of the dishwasher, and the oven with a cloth dipped in clean, sudsy water.
13. Clean the lower cabinets and drawers with a damp, soapy cloth.
14. Drain the sink and rinse with hot water. Buff the basin with a mild abrasive cleanser and a microfiber cloth; rinse with hot water. Wipe down the faucet and the handles.
15. Empty the trash, swiping the inside of the can and the interior of the top with a cleaning wipe before replacing the bag.
16. Sweep the floor with an electro-static dry duster, like a Swiffer Sweeper.
You’re done! Voila!